How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.