How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.