How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.