How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.