How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.