How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.