How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.