How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.