How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.