How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.