How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.